HARVEST AND VINIFICATION
- October 11th 2014 for the Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
- Hand sorting after de-stemming.
- Winemaking: Temperature controlled cement tanks.
- Fermentation: 20 days for alcoholic fermentation, 20 days for malo-lactic fermentation.
- Aging in new French oak barrels.
- Alcohol content: 13.5%
- AOC: Castillon – Côtes de Bordeaux
- Yield: 28 hectolitres per hectare
- Density: 5100 vines per hectare
James Suckling – Wine Spectator
En primeur, March 31st 2015, Score: 88-89. “A red with firm tannins, fresh acidity and a salty, mineral, berry aftertaste. Fresh style.”
Antonio Galloni – Vinous
“The 2014 Claud-Bellevue is a blend of Merlot and Cabernet Franc vinified together. Leather, smoke, mint, wild cherries and flowers are all quite expressive, although the 2014 remains a bit rough around the edges. Firm tannins add to an overall impression of rusticity, but at the same time, there is plenty to like.”
Tim Atkin, MW
En primeur, April 2015. Score: 91. ” The vines at this property are still comparatively young, but the clay limestone soils contribute an extra dimension. Rich and chocolatey with plenty of perfume, bright acidity and a fine core of fruit. A château to keep an eye on. Drink: 2020-28″